What is 3ds Max & What is it Used For?
3ds Max is a computer graphics program for creating 3D models, animations, and digital images. It’s one of the most popular programs in the computer graphics industry and is well known for having a robust toolset for 3D artists.
A favorite among game developers, TV commercial studios, and architects, 3ds Max is owned by Autodesk, the same company responsible for programs like Maya and AutoCAD.
3ds Max is often used for character modelling and animation as well as for rendering photorealistic images of buildings and other objects. When it comes to modelling 3ds Max is unmatched in speed and simplicity.
The software can handle several stages of the animation pipeline including pre-visualization, layout, cameras, modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, VFX, lighting, and rendering.
As one of the most widely used 3D packages in the world, 3ds Max is an integral part of many professional studios and makes up a significant portion of their production pipeline for games and movies.
What Does 3ds Max Do?
3ds Max is used in the video game industry for creating 3D character models, game assets, and animations.
With an efficient workflow and powerful modelling tools 3ds Max can save game artists a significant amount of time.
Also popular for TV commercials and film special effects, 3ds Max is often used to generate graphics for use alongside live action work.
3ds Max fits into the animation pipeline at nearly every stage. From modelling and rigging to lighting and rendering, this program makes it easy to create professional quality animations easier and simpler.
Many industries use 3ds Max for generating graphics that are mechanical or even organic in nature. The engineering, manufacturing, educational, and medical industries all make use of 3ds Max for visualization needs as well.
- Introducing 3Ds Max
- Importance of 3Ds Max for Civil/Architecture Students
- Creating all type of Standard, Extended, Primitive objects
- Creating Doors, Windows and Stairs according to parameters
- Creating all types of shapes like Circle, Line and Ellipse etc.
- Convert all solid objects into Editable mesh
- Convert all shapes in Editable Spline
- Creating Compound Objects
- Creating Doors, Windows frame, Pannel, Glasses using Boolean
- Creating Doors, Windows frame, Pannel, Glasses using Editor Spline
- Importing AutoCAD 3D Building Model File in 3Ds Max Applying Camera, Lights and Materials in 3D Model view
- Rendering Model View using Default Scan line Renderer Rendering Building View using Mental Ray Rendere.
- Different types of Lens and Effects in Lights
- Creating Road Night views using Spot light and Lens effects
- With path and without path Animation of an object in Particular frames
- Road Animation creating with Dummy and Camera
- Creating a big Fountain of Circular shape by Particle System and Space
- Creating Bounce Effect of Water
- Creating Smoke Effect in Pooja Room by Particle system and Space
- Creating a Farm House with Water Animation, Rotation of Fan Whee
- Creating a scene with Fire Effects
- Creating Inner wall, Inner door with Frames in AutoCAD to Exterior Building Model
- Importing Exterior and Interior building model in 3Ds Max Setting the furniture in rooms according to its requirement